Coryza in chicken!

Rosalba

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2021
hi my 3 and a half month old pullet has shown symptoms of coryza. She has half face swollen and has a clogged nose. A vet is not an option for me I believe. I'm in tx and pretty sure there is no power in the vet. Please help and suggest home remedies

hi my 3 and a half month old pullet has shown symptoms of coryza. She has half face swollen and has a clogged nose. A vet is not an option for me I believe. I'm in tx and pretty sure there is no power in the vet. Please help and suggest home remedies
Hope you searched using the term...and also see the Merck Manual online. I think people use a gel anti-biotic if eyes are involved, with supportive care/reduced stress...but more treatment may be needed here quick. Did her crop empty? Is there a bug bite or injury? Can you separate her and disinfect or replace feed and water dishes to protect the others?

Hope you searched using the term...and also see the Merck Manual online. I think people use a gel anti-biotic if eyes are involved, with supportive care/reduced stress...but more treatment may be needed here quick. Did her crop empty? Is there a bug bite or injury? Can you separate her and disinfect or replace feed and water dishes to protect the others?
Her crop did empty and I'm going to feed her rn . What are good foods to feed her now that she's sick? I do not see a bug bit at all or injury she walks fine. I can and will separate her from the flock.

Is there a foul odor coming from her face or nares? If so, then it’s definitely Infectious Coryza. If not, then it’s most likely another disease, such as Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG).

Is there a foul odor coming from her face or nares? If so, then it’s definitely Infectious Coryza. If not, then it’s most likely another disease, such as Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG).
I do not smell anything from her face at all but her swelling has gone down and all I notice is some paleness on her face skin and sometimes it'll turn bright pink. I have also seen redness on their poop.

Back
Top Bottom