cost a del bwuck bwuck

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by goodridge_, Apr 11, 2012.

1. goodridge_

goodridge_ Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    The sun is out in rainy wales. Been given aabout 50+ pieces of lumber from a house that's being demoed. So I got mt wood got nails from shed and made a plan in my head of what I will do and get on with things. I'm no builder by no means but I like a challenge. Today have just done a frame whilst I wait on more Ply. I already have a coop for the hens but it's a but cramped so they're having a new build :) The size of the coop is 4 x 3 at top and the same at the bottom run. I plan o. Having an opening lid which is in place for easier cleaning and feeding and a front door with mesh so in the summer they can sit at top level as the door will be opened. I will have a side door so that I can clean plus another little door on the same side for the eggs to be collected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So ive finished the coop well most of it before the rain set upon us. Things i need to do put a solid door on front of the top coop and a door on the run and also the pulley for the bridge but there ok for now. I have a cover for the top half for now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. goodridge_

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    bump

3. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, it's been a few mos. How's it working out?

4. goodridge_

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    Well i've now fitted a new external nesting box on the front panel and they seem to love it its brillant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by