Costa Rica any others?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Granma in Costa Rica, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Granma in Costa Rica

Granma in Costa Rica Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    I am in a Tico style cabina, in Punta Uva de Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Limon. 9°32’11.92”N 82°42’01.54” W

I moved here three years ago from Jupiter, Florida. I enjoy having my chickens. The first year they gave me four or five or six eggs a day from 9 chickens. That is down to two a day ...

but three just finished hatching eggs... What an inefficient process when left to nature in the jungle. 3 hens sat on 24 eggs...7 chicks were born...cats and other predators attacked and there are 2 chicks left.

myspace.com/carol_meeds

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I'm from Wisconsin. But I'd LOVE to come vistit you in Costa Rica. I've never traveled out of the states surrounding Wisconsin and Canada. I also see that you are fairly new to BYC. So.....[​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] from South Carolina!

4. lbug

lbug Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Danville, California
    Hello!!!

I am from Costa Rica, born and raised. We spent 6 months in Costa Rica and came back to California in May. After having our first child we decided to spend 6 months in Alaska with my husband's family and 6 months with my family in Costa Rica. I miss it [​IMG]

We got our pullets in June and it's been a couple of weeks since 2 pullets started laying eggs [​IMG]

Pura Vida! [​IMG]

5. skyking2

skyking2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2012
    just came on board ,we're located in the mountains above Barva, Heredia. Good to see you here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by