Costco has a playhouse that can be an easy coop

I agree, and it is VERY easy to grow out of 4 chickens. For that price, you could probably find a local handyman, that would build you something that you wouldn't have to modify.

Do you know how much lumber you can get for $250. and fasterers for $50?
That is a ripoff!
Homedepot sells plywood for less that 10 per sheet. I would have to say that is no bigger than 8x8.
So for alittle more than 100 bucks and some paint you could have something that size.
Thus spending 300 bucks you could have something that would fit your needs that you wouldn't have to change out if perhaps you got another chicken donated to you.

Just a thought,
me

I am a fan of this kind of set up. Especially for not so handy city keepers. This would look great to the neighbors. Set it off the ground and put a little run underneath and outside a little ways and it's a great starter coop for a tiny flock. As long as you can afford it of course. :) I know you can buy a lot of supplies for that much money to DIY, but I've been in the position myself of trying to set up a nice chicken area, and not having a lot of extra time to plan and build with 4 kids to look after.

Annalisa has it right. We don't all have tools, space, trucks to bring home lumber to cut down, or time. This would work really well for someone who want to keep a few chickens in an urban/suburban small area.

Back
Top Bottom