Costco or Sams club

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYboy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Who do you like better and why? Both are under 5 miles from my home. Thanks

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    Years ago, my family used to have a costco account. We loved it, for about a year, but then they started to take the things we mainly bought out of the store, and they raised their prices extremly high. [​IMG]There's a reason its called Cost-co. We switched to Sams club, and have been going there for about 4 years now, and they have nevr switched products or raised prices too much. I suggest Sams Club

3. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Costco, because it ain't owned by Walmart. The Sam's is one mile away, the Costco is eight. I go to Costco. I like their selection better, I like their business practices better, and they carry Great Harvest Bread.

4. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    We've tried them both and preferred Costco. I can't remember exactly why, but I find the lay-out and the selection suits me better.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    No Costco around here only heard of it on the West coast. SAMs it is

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I use to have both a Sam's and Costco membership, and out of the 2, I liked Costco more. Now I have a BJ's, and I really like them.

7. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    The only reason that I go to Sams is for bulk rice. Their 50# bags are cheaper than anywhere else. Whenever I go to Sams I usually buy 2 of them and put them into long term storage. i.e. mylar bags in 5 gallon buckets with oxygen absorbers. They'll last at least 20 years that way.

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I think I saw one Fort Oglethorpe Ga last time I was there. There is not a lot of them on this side though. But then again, I only know where one sams is to an its just as far of a drive from me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I heard customer service is good with costco. We had a Sams membership years ago,and I told dh LAST TIME EVER after I was told at the door at 9am that I could not go in till 11am,because they only let the GOLD CARD MEMBERS in before 11am.Well that was enough to turn me off to them. I am in the area at 9am,and to make me wait till 11am is just BS.

I don't know about costco prices,but Sams has good price in bulk rice,wheat berries,and oats. I did want to get the 10 foot swing set from Costco.

We had a BJ's membership too.Moved from that area though.I can get others with membership to get me things.We don't buy enough to make up that membership fee. I read you can cancel your Sams membership at anytime for a full refund.,Use it for 11 months then cancel.

10. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Costco is nation wide. There's 4 of them in Tennessee

http://usalocator.org/costco-locations

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by