1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cotswold or Cream Legbar?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sophiejw, Oct 26, 2010.

1. sophiejw

sophiejw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Can anyone tell me the differences between a Cotswold Legbar and a Cream Legbar?

I bought some Cotswold Legbar hatching eggs off ebay, 1 out of the 6 hatched and I got a chick with a light coloured dot on it's head. Now it's about 4 weeks old and it looks like it's going to have some sort of crest.

I thought Cotswold Legbars weren't sexable until birth (unlike Cream Legbars who have the light dot for males I believe).

I'm wondering if I've ended up with a Cream Legbar by mistake, or could it still be a Cotswold Legbar? It came out of a light blue egg.

Any info would be very helpful. I'm guessing with the dot it's probably male, which isn't what I wanted, but I think I have a female White Star who I hatched at the same time, and I might try to breed him with her to get some offspring that lay blue eggs. But it would be nice to know what I have.

Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by