Cottage cheese butt!

Gregsmom

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
Help Help Help, one of my white leghorns has what looks like cottage cheese comming out of her butt and it is sticking on her butt and some is falling off. I checked all the other hens and none of ther others do. She is also not moving as fast as the others. Thanks

Can you post pictures of it? It could be an infection, or it could be her poop??

Sounds like it may be vent gleet. Here's a link:
http://ultimatefowl.atwiki.com/page/Vent Gleet

By the way-
welcome-byc.gif

I would being a wash cloth and a bowl of large warm water out and soak the vents and clean up whats there. If its blockage with crust the warm water and soak it off with patients if its inflamed tissue with large lumps read the post above me with the URL link. Good luck and
welcome-byc.gif

Help Help Help, one of my white leghorns has what looks like cottage cheese comming out of her butt and it is sticking on her butt and some is falling off. I checked all the other hens and none of ther others do. She is also not moving as fast as the others. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom