cottage style chicken coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mrkpero, May 9, 2009.

1. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Morning everybody! I just got back from Ohio Amish country last night and thought I would share info about some chicken coops I came across while I was there. They are Amish built in Berlin and are very cute. I don't have any pics (forgot my camera) but the website is www.cottagekits.com. They come 4 x 6 and 6 x 8. Can get prebuilt or a kit and the very helpful Amish man I talked to said they can be shipped anywhere. He also said they just started making them this past winter. They are expensive (to me) but seem of good quality. It is a nice alternative if you are unable to build yourself (must remember to thank hubby again!). Hope this helps someone! Have a great day!
    Robyn

2. MIChicken

MIChicken Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Southeast Michigan
    I love those. Very cute.[​IMG]

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    ahhhh the amish!!! What they build always is top knotch. my mom grew up in Lancaster, PA

4. City Farmgirl

City Farmgirl New Egg

Apr 26, 2009
    Within a town of 13,000
    Still too big to suit me- thanks to town lot with detached garage. I do really like gable style one! I shall continue dreaming on....

5. kajunchicken

kajunchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    Man...... talk about pricey. They are nice though.[​IMG]

6. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Very cute. [​IMG]

Then, I think about the way my hens spray poo on the walls & the fantasy disolves... [​IMG]

7. rubyjane

rubyjane Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    WAREHAM
    they are cute. just what i'm looking for.I'M a new chick mommy. I'M sure now just what I want for a coop.thank you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by