DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone have experience with cotton patch geese? I've found a breeder that is about 2 hrs from me, and honestly the heritage breed conservation intrigues me. I'm considering getting a pair and seeing how it goes. Wondering about their general temperament and noise level? I do have neighbors close by, that have not yet complained about my birds, but I imagine if it's constant honking there will be trouble.

Sound off in the comments please! Have one grey pom who is in need of a friend (or 2). So I'm definitely on the hunt for a buddy and would rather not wait until spring hatches, but I may have to, to be able to get another Pom. I did get an Embden for a short period of time, but that didn't work out. He was a jerk to the other birds and humans as well. I highly respect all of your knowledge and advice, so help me out guys!

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
IT'S HAPPENING!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! Finally got in touch with the breeder and she says she has a CP gander that she feels will be a perfect match for me and my pom!! Meeting her Tuesday morning!
It hasn't bonded with any of her flocks and has been a loner..she says she really wanted to see him go with someone who's not breeding and looking for more of a pet!
So...any advice on how to try to get him integrated into my current flock? (1 goose, 2 ducks, 4 chickens)
@N ID Goose mom
@Miss Lydia
@WVduckchick
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Pyxis

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
I've got the perfect space for this...last week we made the drake jail area, so I think I will put new gander there for a while, and figure something else out for Tom the drake.

As far as quarantine, is this as necessary with geese? I'm assuming coming from a breeder they should all be in good health.

Top Bottom