1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**COTTON PATCH GOSLINGS**

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by AuroraSprings, Feb 18, 2013.

1. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Product of

*Worth It Farms*

All the main spots are taken, but we are starting a waiting list in case we get extras.
    (Adults will be for sale this summer)
    We are NPIP Certified!

ABOUT OUR GEESE:

Our breeding stock is partially from Tom Walker's flock and partially from Mark See's flock. Mark took photos for and put together information for the ALBC on Cotton Patch geese. Of course, his flock originally came from Tom's, but they have been removed for quite some time and could be considered a separate, though similar line. All of our ganders from Mark have blue eyes and pink bills/feet. All, but one, of our ganders from Tom have blue eyes and pink bills/feet. Since we are already short on ganders, we chose to keep the one male that has orange feet/bill for genetic diversity.

Our birds are raised outside on pasture to allow for nature behavior and increased foraging. In the growing season, very little supplemental feed is needed. We are using homegrown fodder as a winter supplement and they are taking to it very well.

Our line is especially adapted to our hot, humid, ever-changing southeastern weather!

ABOUT OUR GOSLINGS:

This is our first year offering goslings for shipment, so it will be a learning experience for everyone. Since the geese are hatching their own eggs, we will have to be more flexible on hatch dates and shipping. This means we will need payments before the babies hatch, so that we can ship them off as soon as the chance arrives.

The goslings are available for $50.00 ea. They MUST be bought in pairs. Shipping thru USPS typically ranges from $50-$80. Since goslings are so sensitive, we will only allow to be sent by Express Mail. They will be sent with a heat pack and Gro-gel to make them as comfortable as possible. We will ship as few as 2 and as many as 6 in a box.

Place your orders on our website's form please.

We accept Paypal, Check, Money Orders, and all Major Credit Cards.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. calmwinds

calmwinds Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    Your colors on the cpg geese are white Frey and saddleback? I am interested in a pair but the colors are confusing? What would you get when the colors are bred? Thank you. Is sending a check the only way there is no fee as I can also pay by PayPal? Will you have a pair of good quality available for sale?
    Debbie

3. jynxster

jynxster Chillin' With My Peeps

PLEASE HELP ME

I have a purebred 1 yr old male cotton patch male. His mate got attacked last week by bobcat. $600 later she did not make it. He DESPERATELY NEEDS A NEW FEMALE MATE. He wanders around lost and crying. I absolutely LOVE my animals but this is the saddest thing ever. He spends all day staring in the reflection of himself in a sliding glass door. Its just sadder than sad. Ive had these two since thery were two days old. Poor thing is just lost. please would you consider one female for him I will glady pay. I live in Southern CA small little farm chickens and now only one gander. Please respond. 619-876-9896 or homw with voice mail 619-722-7218 JIM

4. xochi16

xochi16 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Olive Hill, Ky
    Sent you an email! :)

5. calmwinds

calmwinds Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    How are the cotton patch coming along?

6. AuroraSprings

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Four from our first batch are out and drying off! Several more left in this batch. More batches due soon!

2 people like this.
  7. TruBluCG

TruBluCG Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you offering any hatching eggs at this time? Or just the live goslings?

8. AuroraSprings

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    You can PM me and we can discuss.

9. AuroraSprings

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Extra females available this week!! One pair for sale also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by