coturnix colors-chick pictures

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Akane, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I only ordered 2 colors (tuxedo and gold speckled) but I have light stripy ones, dark stripy ones, all yellow ones, and the easy ones to figure out are the chocolate-black tuxedos.

So what are my light stripy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and dark stripy chicks:

[​IMG]

I don't have a pic of the yellow ones cause there are only 5 and they are just all yellow so no point in hunting them down with the camera.

Here's all the various colors in one spot but not dry and fluffy yet:
    [​IMG]

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

they're all adorable!! I am so stinkin jealous! But as for Identification, i can't help. But some quail experts will be able to!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  3. Birdman18

Birdman18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Their amazing!!!!![​IMG] Very Cute

I like all those nice colors, good luck with them!!

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    the yellow with stripes are goldens (even if some have lighter stripes that's what they are). The all yellow ones are whites (possibly A &M or english whites), and you have normal wilds and normal tibetans, and normal tuxedos (they aren't chocolate or black tuxedos black tuxedos would be pure black with yellow chest and throat, and chocolates would be a solid milk chocolate color).

They are very cute [​IMG]

edited to add, the one tuxedo in the last pic does look very dark, so that one may possibly be a black tux but if it has any other markings other than black on its back (like red or tan) it's a normal tibetan tuxedo. [​IMG]

5. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    The tuxedos range in color all the way from nearly tan with some stripes showing so they almost look like the dark stripy ones to black. The stripy ones also overlap from the light to the dark. There is no set dividing line in the colors except the 5 yellows that have no stripes or different shades. Some of the light stripy ones though barely have stripes so they are more like dots. I just picked some that were obviously different.

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:the ones that just have dots are A & Ms [​IMG]

as for tuxedos, theres red tuxedos, black tuxedo, tibetan tuxedo, and chocolate tuxedo as all the potential colors that breeders can get right now. Sam mentioned working getting golden tuxedos, and I am possibly on to normal brown tuxedos, but it's all luck of the game of genetics. [​IMG]

7. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Yeah you have....

Goldens
    Reg/Jumbo Browns
    Texas A&M
    Tuxedo
    Tibettan

And as Niki said I will be working on a Golden Tuxedo hopefully...as well as a chocolate tuxedo.
    [​IMG]

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    They are cute!

9. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice Chicks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by