Coturnix Colors

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
Looks for ideas on what colors I have. There are 6 birds, 5 female and 1 male and only 2 are the same color

I know one is a tuxedo, but not sure what the other color is. It's lighter than the 2 identical birds.

20201230_145338.jpg
20201230_145332.jpg
20201230_145326.jpg
20201230_145321.jpg
20201230_145310.jpg

20200909_201911.jpg

Last edited:
Two pharoah (aka: wild type, brown) 1 male, 1 female.
One tuxedo.
Three range types, probably Tibetan, the rosetta is slightly lighter and has barred feathers, it's hard to tell from the pictures.

And, everyone else out there, correct me if I'm wrong -- I'm new to this too.
I think that you’re pretty spot on. I think that it might be my eyes but one of them looks like a red range type or something similar. The male standing alone is what COVID time quail said I’m not sure if it has something like that maybe some dilute with it? I’m just sticking to the ‘plain’ pharaoh type though. :)

Two pharoah (aka: wild type, brown) 1 male, 1 female.
One tuxedo.
Three range types, probably Tibetan, the rosetta is slightly lighter and has barred feathers, it's hard to tell from the pictures.

And, everyone else out there, correct me if I'm wrong -- I'm new to this too.

Okay thabks. Of the three "brown", One is definately lighter and more red than the other two if that helps. I'll try to get a picture of the tux's color tonight

In the first pic I’d say left to right: Egyptian, Rosetta, Rosetta, scarlet, Rosetta tux, and pharoah. Your scarlet is split with Egyptian, it’s like the roux version of Rosetta, the range pattern is incompletely dominant to the wild, so your bird has patterning on its feathers. The Egyptian tho is hard to see, does it have any black? The lighting is low, but it could be pharaoh, in the pic with the scarlet in the bowl, it looks pharaoh, but the first pic it looks Egyptian.

Back
Top Bottom