Coturnix eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Dingo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Is there a shortage? I can't find any decent priced coturnix eggs. I dont have a 'bator big enough for more than 20 or so, I'd rather have about 10. On ebay it seems like most are $20+ with shipping for 6-10 eggs. That seems steep. Is anyone doing auctions here on BYC? I can't seem to find them either.
    Thanks.

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i'd ask people around on the forums, there are alot of coturnix breeders with all sorts of different colors

3. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
  4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    I think part of the problem with shipping is the size of the box. If they are shipping priority flat rate, than it's a good sized box. And some methods of shipping go by the box size not the weight. It's not so much the sellers on ebay are trying to rip people off , it's more or less the post office. And sometimes when you create a shipping label online it asks for the dimensions of the box. I know because I've sold items off and on through ebay.

The best way to deal with sellers on ebay is look at feedback.

Plus sellers on ebay are allowed to add a little for a handling process and materials.

As Mibotsu says, ask around. Look at some of the users Avitar, a lot have websites .

I think eggs are just one of those item's your just going to have to pay a lot in shipping to get.

I just placed an order for 54 eggs, and the shipping was only $12, I think that's a great deal really!
    Quailladyoffortmeyers.

I'm new here myself, so I really don't know many who sell eggs.
    I think there's a gentleman named JJ also.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I sell 12+ eggs for $10 shipped and often sell on ebay.

ETA: When I sell on ebay I usually list them for $12 starting bid or $14 BIN because you have to take into consideration the paypal fees (2.9% + $.30) and the ebay fees (9% of total sale including shipping). Shipping on 12+ eggs is about $6, so if I sold them on Ebay for only $10 I would get a total of $2.50 per dozen.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. The Critter Place

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Shelly,
    I'm glad you showed up. Your the other one I was thinking of but couldn't remember the rest of your username. [​IMG] I'm learning. :)

I hope to order some buttons from you in a few weeks. [​IMG]

7. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
  8. The Critter Place

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:Thanks for putting that link, It didn't occur to me. It's Monday [​IMG]

I'm getting 3 kinds of quail and EE Chicken eggs. Can't wait!

9. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the links, I placed an order for 15+ eggs with a BYC'er.

10. The Critter Place

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Great !
    What kind are you getting?

I currently have Jumbo brown, and one little button.

I ordered more Button, Texas A & M, and more Jumbo Brown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by