1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coturnix Hatching Eggs in Spring $20 for 20+ eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by monarc23, Dec 27, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    This is to see who else wants on my no obligation waiting list.

$20 (which includes shipping- UPS with tracking) for 20+ eggs

My first shipment with UPS went out from Pennsylvania to Arkansas NO eggs were even cracked! My rule is, if you get your package of eggs from me, and over half are cracked, I will replace those eggs for FREE, all you pay is the shipping. The only thing you have to do other than pay the shipping fee, is wait until I have available eggs, which hopefully won't be long. This is my way of keeping my personal customers happy with purchasing from me.

Colors Include:
    Golden (also known as Italian Speckled, and Manchurian)
    Tibetan (also known as British Range)
    Jumbo Brown (some might be pharoah size *normal size* and I may have a golden male in there so theres a possibility of getting some golden chicks)
    A & M (large white fleshed birds- some have brown spots esp on theback of their heads some on the back of their body)(
    Tuxedo (coturnix mixed with A &M and Tibetan producing a tibetan colored bird with white on wings, face and chest).

Working on new colors as well...

You can buy only one variety, or any numbers of varieties. Even if you'd like an assortment suprise I can do that as well.

My birds are penned by colors, so colors SHOULD breed true, however you may get a fluke color- I can't always guarrentee what you'll get because of recessive/hidden genes. For example, in my Jumbo Brown pen, even though I will only have jumbo browns in there and one golden male you could get a tibetan chick or two, if the browns carry the tibetan gene hidden. If you don't want the chicks they make a great meal at 6 weeks! [​IMG]

I plan to make ALL of my colors in JUMBO size by summers end (if not sooner). Pharoah sized coturnix just aren't my cup of tea (not great for meat or egg production size- great for hunting training only IMO).

My lines are from VARIOUS sources, I avoid inbreeding if at all possible to keep the blood lines from becoming infertile.

I have chicks right now, that are coming on 5 weeks old, once they start laying eggs I am willing to collect them to sell to anyone who's interested, however that's risky with the weather temps but if you'd like to risk it PM me and I'll contact you when they start producing eggs. With these guys though I cannot pick specific colors, as this is a mixed batch (an a & M, 2 tuxedos, 1 tibetan, and one brown hen). Unless I see them laying, I cannot know for sure which egg came from which hen on these guys but in the spring I will mark which egg came from which color pen.

These are the almost 5 week old chicks I'm talking about: [​IMG]

My waiting list for birds in the spring is already in the works, however I'm always willing to put more people on the waiting list. Waiting list is NO obligation so if when I have eggs and contact you, you're not ready for eggs just let me know and I'll go to the next person on the list.

I accept Cashiers Checks, Money orders, and I *may* consider personal checks but the check will have to clear before I can send it out if that's the case. I won't start collecting for you until I get your cashiers check or money order to ensure the eggs are at their freshest, and for personal check I won't start collecting until the check clears. Sorry no pay pal...yet.

I will also have chicks and adults available, but for pick up only unless you REALLY want some chicks or adults from me, then I'll look into it more and see what I can do for you.

Heres some of my outdoor adults right now they're mixed to keep warmer for the winter and will be penned selectively before they start breeding:
    [​IMG]
    ^ My biggest Coturnix an A & M hen she lays the biggest coturnix eggs I've ever seen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please disreguard the red arrows, they were for someone else to see their birds i have hatched from them:
    [​IMG]

^ Look how dark some of my tibes are! Beautiful! I have darks and lights.

Heres my website http://www.freewebs.com/quailgal

You
    can also call me if you have any questions or to order (you can text as well) 724-422-9971 but please call only between noon and 9 pm eastern time zone. [​IMG] You can text anytime. [​IMG]

Also if you're curious about coturnix quails please visit my sig post below about coturnix quail care, feeding, housing, breeding information. [​IMG]

Niki- Catawba's Coturnix (and soon hopefully Cochin/Silkie and Buff/Blue Orph chickens as well)!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I am so glad i am on the list!

i am getting eggs from each breed! [​IMG]

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I can't wait to send em out to ya bud! [​IMG]

4. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Put me down for an assortment. I am buying my first batch from luvmychix and they will be regular colored, so if I do well, I would love to incorporate more color!

Especially since the A & Ms were bred just down the highway. [​IMG]

No paypal yet? If you still don't have it by the time I'm up, I suppose I could send a Money Order.

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yep no pay pal yet sadly! LOL! I plan to everynow and then get a new bank account set up (hubby is worried to use our personal bank account so he wants me to open one JUSt for my birds). I just haven't gotten around to it though [​IMG] [​IMG]

You're on the list, you'll have fun with your first batch,, so im sure youll be hooked on them by the time mine are ready haha! I know I was/am [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi..just a question...which ones are "white meat" birds?...or are they all dark meatish..

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:A & M and English whites are All white meat birds, Tuxedos (which are a cross of A & M over Tibetans MAY ALSO have some white meat, but I've never culled one so I don't know for sure...but i wouldnt be suprised if their breast areas are.

All the others are dark meat. Now. I'm not a fan of dark meat on say, turkey, HOWEVER, I've only ever had the dark meat on coturnix, and ITS DELISH!!!! [​IMG] My new favorite poultry meat other than chicken [​IMG]

Edited to add: english whites are just a smaller verson strain of coturnix, looks just like the A & Ms, but are small like pharoah coturnix size. A & MS were genetically developed by The Uni of A & M in Texas, and English Whites were produced from who knows who a while back. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:A & M and English whites are All white meat birds, Tuxedos (which are a cross of A & M over Tibetans MAY ALSO have some white meat, but I've never culled one so I don't know for sure...but i wouldnt be suprised if their breast areas are.

All the others are dark meat. Now. I'm not a fan of dark meat on say, turkey, HOWEVER, I've only ever had the dark meat on coturnix, and ITS DELISH!!!! [​IMG] My new favorite poultry meat other than chicken [​IMG]

uummm...something else for me to consider!...thanks!

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

uummm...something else for me to consider!...thanks!

welcome [​IMG]

10. kenny671

kenny671 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2008
    southwest ohio
    i would like to be put it on the list for 20 a&m let me know how to pay and i will get it out to you thanks kenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by