Coturnix Quail Coop

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Schroeder, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    This is the Taj Mahal of quail coops. Constructed this year, used since April. Upper and lower sections are 2ft x 6ft. Welded wire 1/2 in square, floors are vinyl coated. Two houses have removal floors over hardware cloth for year round use. Rabbit feeders attached to outside are modified to reduce waste and have locks to keep out predators. Aphalt shingled roof. Locking casters. I'm just trying to recoup my cost of materials. Depending on how quickly this sells, I may have starter quail - jumbo browns and goldens. Pick up only. See my BYC page for additional details on the coop.

2. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    wow..why you selling this? I built mine based on your design...it's awesome..wish I lived closer, I'd come and get it. Did you ever keep any birds in it?

Thanks
    Dan

3. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    thats really nice where in indiana do you live?

4. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I still have quail in it and it has worked out great. Trouble is, my wife seems to be allergic to the eggs. The meat is good, but I wouldn't call it fantastic. Considering the work involved in daily maintenance, I've decide instead to expand my chicken habit. I live in New Castle, IN.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by