Coturnix quail Diarrhea

Three Bird Stew

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
In the ZONA!!!
My Coturnix Quail became Sick nearly over two weeks ago. We notice she laid lump on her side, and then would keep her head tucked into her chest. She also would let out this really god awful smelling diarrhea. We took her into the house to separate her and keep her safe. She was very close to dying and she would not eat or drink anything. I treated her with corid and tetracycline forced fed her food for days. She got better very slowly, she has now been able to feed herself, and walk again. However, she still appears weak, and now has a tooth paste like constancy diarrhea. It does not smell near as bad as before but still strange. It keeps clumping to her rear end and feathers surrounding her vent. Its very hard to keep her clean.

I don't know what to do. She is obviously still unwell. I don't want to put her on anymore antibiotics unless she really needs it. I treated her water yesterday with some probiotics. I also dont want her near any of the healthy quail because I still consider her a risk.

So now she has very brown runny poop, and have been treating her with probiotics, and Apple cider vinegar in her water for the last 6 or 7 days. Any help would be appreciated, because I would really not want to put her down.

Back
Top Bottom