coturnix quail eggs

zayd

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014
Hi,i have 3 coturnix quail and they started laying eggs and i've put them together with my budgie and i have put 3 quail eggs under one of my broody budgie can she hatch the quail eggs ??and she is sitting on the 3 eggs can you tell me if it going to hatch plzz tnxx

Last edited:
It is very possible, budgies brood their eggs for 18 days typically and coturnix eggs usually hatch between day 17-19. Whether or not they hatch depends on her skill as a parent. Has she hatched eggs before?

Yes she had everytime she laid unfertile eggs and sit on them so that time i've decided to remove the unfertile eggs and place coturnix eggs and she is brooding the eggs and once she sat on her eggs for 43 days waiting for her chicks to hatch but i've remove her eggs

Last edited:
Yaa my parakeet dont like to have male with her and she love to lay eggs a lot but all are infertile :/ but as she is broody i have decided to put quail eggs under her and waiting so that it hatch :) when the babies will hatch can i put it with my adult quail ?? :eek:

Last edited:
Yaa my parakeet dont like to have male with her and she love to lay eggs a lot but all are infertile
hmm.png
but as she is broody i have decided to put quail eggs under her and waiting so that it hatch
smile.png
when the babies will hatch can i put it with my adult quail ?? :eek:
No, like juicy said, they'll kill the babies.

I have one more question :) i've got a pair of coturnix yersterday the uses to crow but today he hadn't crow at all 0.0 he is making another dont know can anyone help me !! He is about 6 weeks old

Are u sure when they are not happy that they crow but some people tell they crow because they want to mate :/

Back
Top Bottom