Coturnix quail in CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickhopeful12, Sep 13, 2010.

1. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy some quail in CT. I am looking for 3 females and 1 male. Please let me know if there is someone near or around me that I could contact.

Thanks so much!

2. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    You missed the auction tonight in Middlefield. Last week I bought ten Coturnix for 20.00. They were kind of bred out, with bare patches on their backs, but for that price, I rehab them all winter. Got 10 hens. Fed them chick starter mixed with poultry crumbles all week and they look good. Also threw in some roosters with them. They went into an elevated outdoor pen today. 12 eggs into the incubator too. I stayed away tonight because I will only buy more........

3. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    I was at the auction tonight, one box with 5 or 6 males in it, I wasn't interested in that ratio. I was also there last week, but wasn't looking for quail at the time. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

The auction was a big disappointment today, not alot at all.

4. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Yea I know. If I go looking for something specific, its not there, lol. I had to go about 5 times looking before I got a nice ring neck pheasant rooster. That week there about 5 lots of them. Then the following week, none again. Last week there were alot of Coturnix, and I would bid 2.00 every time. After about 6 batches of quail, I finally got them. I only live two miles away so I can pop in early, check out the birds, then go back later. I would be far more disappointed if it was a long drive. Good luck.

5. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    I'm in CT.....are you looking for mature birds or babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by