Coturnix question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Madcap621, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    First ever quail hatch! [​IMG] Most are 1 day old, one is newly hatched. Anyway..........since this morning one chick has been cheeping incessantly! [​IMG] SO much, he seems to be getting hoarse! Truly, the 'squeaky wheel'. The others are all sleeping, eating, drinking, pooping, OCCASIONALLY peeping-------------replay-------------replay, etc. [​IMG] So ............. OK: is this peep trying to TELL me something? or..........is it just the PAPILLON [talkative] of the group?????????????? [​IMG] [​IMG] Eating and drinking, temp 100*, 'cool zone' area 90*

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The squeaky one is the newest hatchling, right? Let him get adjusted to the area. Unless he is uncomfortable about something but usually they do what you have just described [​IMG] He might just be the chirper of the the bunch [​IMG]

3. Madcap621

Madcap621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    No, actually, I am unsure of WHO hatched on the way home last pm, BUT.........I just now put # 19 into the brooder [hatched in my hand this afternoon! ;-).............So, could be yesterdays last hatchling. They are SO adorable!.............& y'know what? "Squeaky hasn't said a word since I added newbie and the buddy I put ! put w/him back into the brooder!....................hm_m_m_m_m

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    There you go! he was lonely! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by