1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Couch storage issue

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by un-named, Jun 13, 2011.

1. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    A co-worker of my sisters, unkown to me, came up with this sob story about how her boyfriend kicked her & kids out... could she PLEASE store her couch in my pole shed just a week over christmas and then she would find a storage area for it... just so she coud concentrate on giving the kids a good christmas, blah blah blah.......
    I have never met her, but suckered in and allowed it. She since has moved off of my sister's shift so sis does not see her. I asked the person who delivered the couch to my shed to please tell her I want it removed... he said he has told her this... yet she has no contact with me or them to try and move it.
    Can i just get rid of it, guilt free? It ticks me off that I have to pay to have it removed though!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sick of people asking to store stuff on my place and then keeping it there waaaaay longer than they say. I HATE LIARS!!!!!!
    My property and shed are now closed to ANY storage. 5 times screwed over is enough, and i have had the pleasure of saying no already. feels good!

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Donate it. Call one of the charities that remove items free, and tell them they can have it. Get a reciept, so if this loser tries to start trouble, you can show a judge that you kept it for 6 months.

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Around here at least we get periodic postcards from the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation that they will be doing a drive in our area, and on a certain date, we can put household items, furniture, clothes, etc out on the street and they'll pick it up for free. Check out www.BBBSfoundation.org to see if they have something like this near you. If not try Salvation Army, I know they still do pickups in some areas.

And you've kept it long enough for it to be considered abandoned at this point, so don't feel bad about getting rid of it. It'd be nice if you can find a way to donate it though, so *someone* will gain something positive from the whole thing.

She may have had good intentions, I don't know if we need to assume she's liar or a loser, but the fact is you did her a favor, she abandoned it for whatever reason, so now it's rightfully yours to dispose of.

4. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Quote:X2

5. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    goodwill...

6. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Personally I would cya and write her a letter, use the last know address or her work address. Give her 30 days to pick it up or you will be donating or dumping it at her expense.

And in 30 days, if you still have it, get rid of it!

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Offer it on freecycle, and specify the responder has to come pick it up. If you're comfortable doing that, anyway.

8. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    This happened to my sister, her son's girlfriend emptied all the clutter out of her own house and has stored in my sister's garage. She has asked repeatedly when they are going to remove it, it is mostly toys, a large dolls pram, bike, dolls cot etc. They keep claiming they are putting it on ebay but nothing ever happens. My sister has warned them they have one more month and then she is taking it to the Charity Shop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by