Couchins???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lost, Jun 25, 2008.

1. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I bought two cochins it will be 3 weeks tommorow.Hen and roo and the hen was broody.She has not started back laying yet.Now there is alot of feathers out there,but she don't look like she is molten.Which I only seen two baby chicks molten when they was about 3 months old.She don't look like she is.I though they was just getting real freindly alot during the day?I though after 2weeks they go back laying.Thanks for ya,lls reply [​IMG]

2. wyandottekid1109

wyandottekid1109 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    NEW YORK
    WELL SHE MAY JUST NOT HAVE ENOUGH NUTRIENTS IN HER BLOOD TO START LAYING EGGS. WHEN MOST MY HENS ARE HATCH A BATCH OF CHICKS SHE DOESNT START LAYING FOR ABOUT 4-5 WEEKS AFTER THE CHICKS ARE HATCHED.

AND WITH THE FEATHER THING I DONT KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF HER TO TELL YOU.

THNAKS
    CONNOR

RASING CHAMPION BLACK WYANDOTTES

12 COCKS, 25 HENS, 30 CHICKS

3. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Thanks. her appearance hae not changed so i don,t think She is molten.She is on layer and oryster no scatch havn't got none latly.I cant load it Have to have my wife with me.It hurts picking up 50ibs.I got hurt at work.But thamks so one more week maybe two [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. wyandottekid1109

wyandottekid1109 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    NEW YORK
    YEP ANOTHER THING YOU CAN DO IS START GIVING HER FRESH PICKED GRASS THAT ALWAYS HELPS MY HENS GET A JUMP START!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONNOR

RASING CHAMPION BLACK WYANDOTTES

12COCKS,25 HENS,30 CHICKS

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Lost ~ I'd go for game bird chow, not scratch, to get essential nutrients in her. Scratch is just the equivalent of chicken candy. ;-)

6. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Thanks alot i'll go and get some as soon as i can

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by