cough, cough, cough

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lovesduckies, May 25, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    that's all i have been doing alllll day! and sleeping. i think mom is taking me to the doctor tomorrow cuz i think i have bronchitis. boooooo

2. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    It's going around. It seems everyone is getting sick, and they get a cough that won't go away. I know I've been battling my cough for over a week now. My kids got it, my mother got it, my friend 100 miles away got it, it's just going around. At least if your mom is taking you to the doctor and it is bronchitis, the meds should knock it out of your system pretty fast. I've been taking these generic mucus pills today and they are making a world of difference. I'm soooooooo glad I had them in the house. They were left over from when my older daughter caught a similar cold last year. They helped her a lot. I forgot I had them til today. But since I've taken them, the cough isn't out of control like it was. It's much better. I couldn't breath when I woke up this morning, my lungs had filled with so much fluid and mucus overnight. But I feel a little better. $4 at Dollar General. Amazing where you can find good stuff that works! Sure beats the name brand stuff that costs like $12 at the big stores! [​IMG]

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    ugh i know i woke up this morning, not able to talk cuz i had soo much mucus. i coughed it up and spit it out lol. i hope it's not a waste at the doc. [​IMG] we are going to urgent care.i have tried everything for this thing. the mucus stuff, throat spray, and now nyquil. of course with some asprin and TONS of vitmain C. i crave it when i'm sick

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    So what did the doctor say? Is it just a chest cold, or is it bronchitis? My first bout with bronchitis was when I was about 17. Felt fine, mom and aunt were driving me to school when I got this bad pain in my chest that kind of doubled me over. My mother and aunt didn't know what was wrong because I wasn't sick to look at, but apparently a virus had sunk into my chest. Instead of driving me to school they turned the car around and drove me to the hospital. Turned out I had viral bronchitis. I got it again when I was pregnant with my first daughter, and it left me with asthma afterwards. Still have that. No fun at all having asthma. [​IMG] Hope you are feeling better with whatever meds the doctor gave you. And getting plenty of vitamin C is good. I used to take it in like mad too. Now I drink LOTS of echinacea tea, up to the daily allowable amount, cause it's still thought of as a medicine. Makes the cold go away faster by boosting your immune system. Feel better soon! [​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i didn't go. i felt good today. i didn't wana go to the doctor to be told i am okay. i got all my chores done (cleaning a duck brooder, giving ducklings a bath, washing their food dishes, doing their laundry, cleaning out older ducks pool, giving them food and water, cleaning about bunny's cage and feeding him and doing his laundry too) and i felt okay after. i did all that after going on a 2 hour adventure with mom trying to figure out where to eat lunch [​IMG] lol.

wow asthma really? i used to fake having asthma in elementary school to get out of running lol i've always hated it. i have have friends in jr high who had asthma too. she would have to use the breathing machine. i have been loading up on vitmain c [​IMG]

thank you [​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Hope your feeling better soon...

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I hope you are not having an allergic reaction to your ducks. Google "pigeon lung." Hope things went well at the doctors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by