could a goose use this to drink from?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sydney13, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I have one like that for my adults - without the i-bolts, they do get in it but do not tip it over.

3. Yes, I use several around the farm. How old is your baby now? Can he get out if he gets in? Maybe put something inside of it to allow him to climb on and help get him out of it. They do not tip over easily. Mine are plain without any fasteners or mounting hardware.

4. sydney13

sydney13 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    [email protected] acres farm :

Yes, I use several around the farm. How old is your baby now? Can he get out if he gets in? Maybe put something inside of it to allow him to climb on and help get him out of it. They do not tip over easily. Mine are plain without any fasteners or mounting hardware.

mine is 4 months old and it is pretty hot out so i think it might be good for her to swim in it​

5. Wow, time goes fast. I didn't realize that your baby was 4 months old already. He will like to swim in it...but soon will outgrow it. Can you get a baby pool at a Wal Mart or K-Mart nearby?

6. Kim65

Kim65 Songster

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I have one of those, only a three gallon one (shallower) for my ducks. They are a very heavy rubbery material, and way too heavy to tip over. I really like mine.

I'd only worry your goose couldn't get out because he WILL get in. As a full grown adult, he could escape.

I agree with Jojo, go to walmart or wherever and get a hard plastic kiddie pool. Probably no more expensive, and it would not be too deep, plenty deep enough though to bathe in and drink from. My geese always ignored any "steps" I made for them to get into the pool and just flung themselves over the sides [​IMG] .

They are easy to dump out and hose down once a day to keep clean.

If you have other young poultry, like chicks, make sure they can't get in and drown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: