Could anyone tell me what breed this is??

baldie

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Douglas, MA
I already found out my other mystery breed, so this is the only one left I am unsure of!! Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks
DSC05785.jpg

The one in question is all the way to the right:)
DSC05750.jpg

Another view
DSC05749.jpg

And another view. Sorry the pics arent that great!!

Well...the black and white ones look like Spangled Hamburgs, the off-gray one is a Splash Andalusian, and the brownish colored one looks like a Light Brown Leghorn to me. Then again...possible Silver Pheonix pullet???? Are her legs yellow or dark?

Last edited:
The one you just looked at is a Silver Phoenix.

It's confusing because yours doesn't have that bronze colored breast for the Phoenix and she also doesn't have the correct tail type. Then again...I don't know the background on your birds. Probably hatchery birds and in that case could match.

Yup, I bought them from McMurray, but I ordered 35 chicks and 6 died, sooo I am not sure of the 2 I am asking about because they send you the "mystery chick". This is why I can't figure it out. I was supposed to have a phoenix though. But when I researched pics online, She did'nt really look like the ones pictured. Would her age help? Shes almost 24 weeks!!

I say she is a Silver Phoenix but there is something wrong with her tail feathers in that last pic. Those top feathers should be longer. I will see if I have any good pics of my Silver Phoenix to post so you can see what I meen. (Although I'm not sure I have any good pics of my Silver Phoenix' tails but I should have some good pics of my Gold Phoenix' tails for you to see.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom