Could I trouble you for some

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    safe and healthy full term baby vibes.

I just got word from my niece that her placenta may be detatching with the possible onset of early labour. They are waiting on ultrasound.

Of course she has been ordered on bed rest for the next 3 1/2 months, but she has a 3 y/o and a 1 y/o at home. She lives a good 14 hour drive from me, so I can't just pop over to help on short notice.

I have a very special bond with this niece. She was named after me and she came to live with me for her last couple of years of high school. I even forgave her for making me a great aunt ON my 39th birthday.

Anyway, I am really worried about her right now. She is SUCH a great mum and having lost a baby of my own when I was almost as far along, I know how hard it would be on her. It's been 12 years for me and it still hurts like it was yesterday.

So, at this point, I'll take whatever you've got.

Cheryl

2. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Big ones sent your way! God bless you and yours, theresa

3. bigkford

bigkford Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    From what I went through when this happened to me. Somehow someway make her stay in bed. I had kids a little older but had now help with them. ( With in laws living across the street and sil next door) I was told I had to stay in bed for 4 monthes. It wasn' going to happen. My girlfriend (best friend ever) came over and took my two kids home with her during the day. She did my housework everything. Brought my kids back when their dad came home. Word spread and I had all the help I needed. Also since it seems she doesn't sit very much let her know she is gonna hate herself within that first week. I did. I'm not one to ask for help but will jump in when needed. It will work out just make some calls you will be surprised what happens. Best to ya all. My bed rest only lasted 2 weeks, I learned to slow down.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:I told her to accept any and ALL offers of help and to ASK for what she needs because often people want to help, but don't know what to offer, so they don't offer anything. I also suggested that maybe one of her friends could coordinate what she needs so that she doesn't have to think about that too. I will drop everything if she needs me, but that could take some coordinating.

I might contact one of her buddies on facebook and see if what we can do.

If I didn't think it would do more harm than good, I would go get the 1 y/o and bring her home with me until things calm down.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

6. bigkford

bigkford Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Call everyone you can. Put the word out you would be surprised. I wish I lived closer because I would help. She might me like me and not wanna bother anyone. It took others to help me. I fully understand. I wish I could do more. If theirs anything I can do let me know. Bless you all

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    You got it. Prayers coming.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

No vibes here, but prayers a plenty have been said.

10. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by