Could I use a flipped around trampoline for a run for chickens?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by iloveanimals, Apr 18, 2011.

1. iloveanimals

iloveanimals Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2011
    Well this worn out trampoline that we have. I cut off the middle part so it no longer has the jumping part on it. Me, my mom, and dad flipped it around. Could we use this as a run for are gonna be chickens? We will put chicken run around it. Any other details needed tell me. Sorry if this sounds confusing. [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like a great idea to me... in fact, I think I've heard of peeps doing this before (not sure if it was / wasn't flipped)

3. iloveanimals

Mar 19, 2011
    Thank you glad you understood what i meant![​IMG]

4. TommyM

TommyM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Saw a picture of one once where they took one flipped it upside down and fastened a second one right side up on top of the first the wrapped it with wire. Looked like a pretty good setup.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

6. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    I saw a picture recently from a city guy who didn't know how to covert his chickens..he turned the bottom of the trampoline into a coop with netting.

7. lotsachicks

lotsachicks Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    S. Texas
    we did the exact thing you are describing with our first batch of chickens, we didnt flip it though and it still had a top that had some holes, it was great shade in our hot south texas summer. It worked great, we now have a finished coup and run so dont use it anymore, but may again as chicken math catches up with us. Good luck!
    chris

8. iloveanimals

Mar 19, 2011
    Thank yall all so much [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by