Could my Golden Laced Wyandotte Pullet Start Laying Soon?

Pastel the Rooster

Free Ranging
Apr 22, 2022
Southern Georgia
Recently I got a GLW (Golden Laced Wyandotte) from a friend. She was giving the pullet away because her other birds would not accept her. She got the pullet from a friend who had a bunch of other chickens and that lady needed to re-home them. My friends other chickens would not accept my pullet. I gladly took her, as they are my favorite breed. I noticed that she was super light, and so I did decide that she was not yet laying, also because I never saw any new eggs. When I got the chance to catch her yesterday, I noticed that she had put on a couple of pounds. Just a few days before, I caught her, and she was still super light. I will try to get a picture of her soon. I learned how to grade laying and non-laying hens, so I may be able to do that. I don't know if it will work. Her comb has been getting redder and bigger, as are her wattles. I want her to start laying soon, so that the other hens will accept her, as she is still very nervous around them. I saw her look at the nest and lay down for a split second before my RIR chased her off. My RIR had Bumblefoot and was not out with everyone else, so she is still not super used to Willow (the GLW) Edit: By light, I am talking about weight.. I will get a picture of her in a little.

Last edited:
@azygous, @Eggcessive, @Wyorp Rock? Any of you all know? Here are some pictures of her.
IMG_8668.jpg
IMG_8667.jpg
IMG_8677.jpg
IMG_8676.jpg
IMG_8675.jpg
IMG_8673.jpg

Her comb does look like she may start laying soon. Do you know her exact age in weeks? I have only had one barne elder from a hatchery, and she unfortunately died from an unknown problem before she was a year old. I’m not sure if she ever laid eggs.

Her comb does look like she may start laying soon. Do you know her exact age in weeks? I have only had one barne elder from a hatchery, and she unfortunately died from an unknown problem before she was a year old. I’m not sure if she ever laid eggs.
I don't know her age. I have no clue at all. I am guessing she is 5 months old, because now her comb is getting redder. I am eggcited for some darker eggs! All I get are green eggs, pink-light brown eggs, and light brown eggs!

Back
Top Bottom