Could my life stink any more?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by scbatz33, Sep 15, 2009.

1. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    So I get home from the butcher to find a voice message on the answering machine from teh NC unemployment office. It seems that after 6 weeks of unemployment, my "employer" is denying the fact that I've not had any work from them. "Your employer says that you are still employed. I must speak to you before 4 pm today or I will ahve to review your case and see what is to be done about the payments made."

SERIOUSLY??????? I left her a message informing her that I know I am still employed. I filed for a reduction in hours....from 48 a week to...ummmm, none! That's right, I haven't had any work from these people since July 12th of this year. And now, they are trying to get my unemployment revoked!!!

I looked it up on the website for the NCESC...What I filed was "unemployed,lack of work". It seems to me, having the job you were specifically hired to do being cancelled two months after you were hired to do it and then getting no more work in the subsequent two months, qualifies as "lack of work".

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Wow! That is some bad luck. Keep us posted on what the unemployment office has to say. [​IMG]

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My husband was laid off some months ago because of a lack of work. His employer tried something similar. DH just had to file some forms and have a telephone interview. Unemployment found in his favor. Employer filed an appeal. More forms, another interview, same result.

4. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:That's kind of what my sis says I'll probably have to do. I can't get anyone to answer the phone or return a call so I'm nervous. I have been looking for work, but no luck yet. If I loose this money, I won't be able to pay my rent! This all just sucks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Seriously, we have been loking for a cheaper place to live but haven't found anything yet. I have down sized my birds by half in July. I took a dozen to the butcher today and have 4 more sold for the weekend. I've even started selling eggs, but that is slow going.

I don't want to have to get rid of anymore animals. Since I can't sell the kids, the horses may have to go.......

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, I can't believe how some employers are! [​IMG] Just do as the op said, and file those papers, don't let them get away with it!

7. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    b.hromada :

Wow, I can't believe how some employers are! [​IMG] Just do as the op said, and file those papers, don't let them get away with it!

Pompano Beach? Is that near Homestead? DH's grandparents live down there.....

Oh, and I dont' plan on it. I was honest in my filing. I had 3 people at the company tell me to file. I'm not the only person who is out of work with this company either.....So I know it isn't just me. Personally I don't get the issue. They aren't paying anything that I know of. My income was based on the quarters prior to my employment with them. The money is being sent from Indiana, it's not even coming from NC!​

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I have my hearing tomorrow. Wish me luck and I'll be doing the same for you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by