Could she be a he?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Blondiechic, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Blondiechic

Blondiechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    I have three chickens, two are younger and one of them, today, stopped 'tweeting' but now sounds a bit like a duck - I don't recall that happening before....I did have her sexed but now am worried she may be a he... I really really like her, she is so friendly and curious.

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    ...how old are they? post us some good pictures, and we can give you a better idea assuming the bird is old enough [​IMG]

3. Blondiechic

Feb 1, 2012
    We have had them for 5 or 6 weeks now and they were either 12 or 15 weeks when we got them - neither of us can remember which...I did worry and took her back a couple of weeks ago to be sexed and he insisted she was a girl.
    Its night over here now so I can take a photo of her tomorrow... I will cruise about to learn how to post a photo...
    This evening though, she was face to face with the other baby we got and they put their beaks together, like a kiss, I haven't seen that with them before - they were rather upright at the time...

4. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Mine sounded like ducks when their voices changed. I remember that is exactly how I described the sound. All 5 are pullets [​IMG]

5. Kickin' Chickin'

Kickin' Chickin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    Upstate New York
    The voice def changes when they go through the awkward "teenage" stage, it will turn into a cluck eventually. You may just have to wait and see on this.

6. Blondiechic

Feb 1, 2012
    thank you - it did cross my mind that may be the case; funny thing!
    Also, I did look to see how to post a photo (I took some this morning) but can't for the life of me see the like in the blue bar at the top....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by