Could some of my rainbow special chicks be bantams? PICS***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AnimalMommy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. AnimalMommy

AnimalMommy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    I just got them in today---two sick ones and all----but the other 24 are happy healthy and peeping away.
    Some of them are big and fluffy and others are half the size of the big ones. I've never had bantams before so I don't know the size ratio.

Also what breeds do yall see? I can only tell EEs. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Oooh! I think I see a blue Polish in the middle! [​IMG] And possibly a blue polish with white top below that, and a black polish with white head above the middle one. There is one right up next to the polish in the middle, that looks like it might be a turken? Not sure. Just looks like a naked chicken neck right there.

Those are the ones that jumped out at me. No idea on the other ones. It looks like a lot of yellow fluffy butts! [​IMG]

Congrats!

Shelly

3. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Thanks Shelly!! I think the blue polish is the absolutely prettiest chick that I have ever seen!! [​IMG]

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I think that grey one is a Silver Laced Polish.

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Whatever kind of Polish it is...gorgeous!! [​IMG] LOL!

I can't wait til Spring to pick up some more. They are so sweet!

That reddish/buff chick closest to the waterer could be a Buff Orpington?

Is the really deep mahongany one an EE? It's hard to see the muffs, but I had one that looked like that.

The little blue and yellow one at the waterer in the corner kind of looks like my OEGB that was Columbian colored.

Shelly

6. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Yea, I think the deep mahongany one is an EE. She's really a beautiful color and she has greenish grey feet. The blue and yellow one is a trip..all she does is drink water and then lean backwards so far that she falls over.[​IMG] I was really hoping for more orpingtons that just the one [​IMG] My two grown Buff Orps lay really really well.

7. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Other than the polish,the black & yellow look like Sumatran,the big chipmunk maybe a phoenix,the little chipmunks,spangled oeg,Probably a cornXrock and leghorns....Very nice mix!

8. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Thank you PeepsInc! I am very proud of them!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I don't see any bantams in there, they are just big big chicks and bigger big chicks [​IMG]

The orangish one is probably a buff orpington, or possibly a new hampshire red. The whites are most likely white leghorns and/or easter eggers. I don't know the little black and white ones, I saw a pic on their site that looked like them, but I can't remember what they were now! Cute babies, that's what they are!! I wish I would have gotten some polish in mine, guess I'll have to buy some [​IMG]

10. AnimalMommy

Jul 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Aww Shelley. It looks like from what I've seen from other peoples pics that you're the only one that didn't get any polish!! [​IMG]
    It must be a conspiracy.[​IMG] MPC must have known how bad you wanted some. Thats how it normally goes with me anyway! Everytime I want something really bad someone else usually gets it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by