could somebody plzzz...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    OK the food situation is driving me mad! I have duck starter crumbs they are 18% protein, and storeys guide to raising ducks says that is perfect for the first two weeks but after that they need to go onto grower pellets...

i have asked around on ebay and all the sellers tell me that grower pellets should only really be used for meat birds but my ducks are gonna be pets so i dont want that...

and i cant find maintainance pellets anywhere!

what should i do???

im in the UK btw if that helps

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I use 24% protein game bird feed. I also supplement with greens. There is a wide variety of things that ducks can do well on. Just do the best you can with what you can get in your area.

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I found this here: http://www.callducks.net/looking_after_calls.htm

Food
    : this consists of chicken layer pellets and whole wheat. If you can obtain duck pellets so much the better. BOCM-Pauls (Mardens), Bibby (Slimbridge), Allen & Page (Smallholder), and Marriages all produce food for ducks (UK suppliers). You should also give them access to small quantities of mixed poultry grit containing limestone chips.

4. rainplace

and at runnerduck.net they have this.. almost identical but with phone numbers

Duck food Suppliers in the UK

The Yellow Pages UK will list local distributors under Animal Feed Stuffs.

Information about distributors can also be obtained from:

Allen & Page 01362 822900 www.smallholderfeed.co.uk

BOCM-Pauls Ltd—Marsdens rations. PO Box 2, Olympia Mills, Barlby Road, Selby Yorks, YO8 5AF. Tel 01757 244000 or 08457 165103 . Solihull BWA National Waterfowl Show Sponsors.

Clark and Butcher Ltd., Fenland Waterfowl Feeds, Soham, Ely, Cambs CB7 5HY Tel 01353 723470

Marriage’s Feeds. Tel 01245 612000 www.marriagefeeds.co.uk

Slimbridge Wildfowl feeds—contact Bibbys Animal feeds.

5. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    thank you so much rainplace!

6. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    so....

i start them on starter crumbs, then move them onto grower/finisher then what?

7. rainplace

8. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    google "feed store near (your address)" you should have some even in the UK. Go to the store tell them you have ducks of this breed and they will give you what you need. Thats what I did...worked out just fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by