could someone be kind enough to help ID these girls for me? *pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Aug 31, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    can anyone help id these hens please? sorry about the bad pics, we were in the middle of transporting them....

2 hens, the one at the back i think may be an australorp, but the one in front i have no idea? it has feathers on its feet, long tail and brown 'freckles' round her neck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 white with a few brown feathers here and there, pinky legs, 2 grey/blue hens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit - just released them in the field so got some more pics, theres 10 or so chickens that need iding please

i think theres a mix of barred rock, marans, ee's (or are they true araucana?? rumpless with tufts and lay blue eggs)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Just guesses here,
    But can't see the comb on the black hen is is straight?
    second black hen black sex link
    three others blue andalusians, 2 blues and a splash

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well , I can't say any are pure but maybe. There is indeed Barred rock and cuckoo somehting or other. Cuckoo is a pattern not a breed, and there is an Aruacana noted by the tufts. Aruacana should have tufts and no rump. Unless you got these from a reputable breeder it would be hard to say anything about the purity. The main thing is that you like them.

Wishing you the best

Rancher

4. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    they are from different breeders, some 'reputable' by word of mouth(!)

i am hoping at least the marans are pure, paid a good price for those (1 young roo, 3 young hens and 2 older hens, just the older two are shown on the photos)

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Wow- you have quite a variety there!
    I see a black sex link (possibly australorp), a black copper marans, an araucana (think it's pure), cuckoo marans, barred rock,blue marans or rocks, and some possible mixes. Not necessarily in that order [​IMG]

6. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    lol! thanks [​IMG] these are just todays newbies..we have about 50+ others here in the field (these lot are in quarantine for a few weeks before joining the rest)

not a bad bunch for €50 [​IMG] all young ladies from 2009/2010 so should get some eggs from them too [​IMG]

7. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    so is pic 5 maybe a true araucana or a cross? ive never seen something with tufts like that before! the small brown is also meant to be araucana (has no tail, but no tufts??)

8. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    In the last pic, the dark chicken in the middle sort of resembles a Barnvelder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by