Could someone help me figure out the sex?

sgrubbs89

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015
When I purchased them they were said to be 2 weeks old. That'd would make them around 17 weeks old. I still can't figure out how to tell the gender. Thank you!

Last edited:

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Yep, pictures would help. Pointy hackle and saddle feathers should be developing along with flowing tail coverlets and feathers.

If they are cockerels, that is - big duh on me.

Last edited:

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
The bird in the back looks like a silver laced Wyandotte. The bird in front has a lot of Wyandotte in her, but I'm not sure if she's mixed or just has very poor/incomplete lacing. Sure gives her a unique look
smile.png

sgrubbs89

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015
Okay, finally got a picture up. I have 4. They all pretty much look the same except the RIR is much "thinner" than the others. See I originally had 7. I was told I had 4 females and 3 males. One died as a chick and unfortunately a hawk got to two. So I don't know the ratio. Obv if I have less female (or none at all) I'll have to buy more. Always looking for a reason to buy more

sgrubbs89

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015
The bird in the back looks like a silver laced Wyandotte. The bird in front has a lot of Wyandotte in her, but I'm not sure if she's mixed or just has very poor/incomplete lacing. Sure gives her a unique look :)

She must be a mutt
1f61d.png
This is my first time with chickens so I wasn't sure what I got when I got it. I just picked the cutest fluffiest ones. An older gentleman gave me a tip and told me to pick the biggest ones and not the cute tiny ones. I can't wait to explore and get more.

sgrubbs89

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015

Does anyone know this ones breed? Don't mind the fact that s(he)'s on her back. I woke up one morning to her hanging upside down caught in metal. Blood on her leg. I was for sure she was dead. But to my amazement I saw her breathing and shaking. Not knowing what the heck I was doing I figured it wouldn't hurt to take her in and clean her up. So I did. Poor girl wouldn't even open her eyes and just kept shaking. I wrapped a cloth around her cleaned leg.she was cut pretty bad. I kept her in a little crate on my patio separate from the other chickens. Two days later she was up and eating again. With a slight limp. She limped for a few days. Now she's healed and no limp. She is a bit slower than the others though.

Top Bottom