Could someone help me figure out the sex?

Does anyone know this ones breed? Don't mind the fact that s(he)'s on her back. I woke up one morning to her hanging upside down caught in metal. Blood on her leg. I was for sure she was dead. But to my amazement I saw her breathing and shaking. Not knowing what the heck I was doing I figured it wouldn't hurt to take her in and clean her up. So I did. Poor girl wouldn't even open her eyes and just kept shaking. I wrapped a cloth around her cleaned leg.she was cut pretty bad. I kept her in a little crate on my patio separate from the other chickens. Two days later she was up and eating again. With a slight limp. She limped for a few days. Now she's healed and no limp. She is a bit slower than the others though.
Depending on the comb type, it's either a barred Rock or a Dominique.

I believe that all three pictured are pullets. Two hatchery quality Wyandottes or Wyandotte crosses and a Barred Rock or Dominique.

Hatchery quality is usually BELOW breeder quality, sometimes with birds lacking in major characteristics of the particular breed.
This. Dog breeders would say pet quality vs show quality. Not a blessed thing wrong with them, they make up the backbone of most backyard flocks. They're simply not show birds, and sometimes look unusual for whatever breed they are.

I agree the three shown are pullets. That just leaves your RIR. Get a pic of that and you'll know if you have any cockerels. The RIR comb if red is likely a cockerel. The Wyandotte being rose comb show red if a pullet or cockerel so can't be judged that way. The barred bird if a single comb is a Barred Plymouth Rock. I'd hazard a guess that the hawks took your cockerels.

Thanks everyone for the input! In trying to get a better pic of the last one (who was in her back) and the RIR.... If it even is truely a RIR. I just went by what I was told at the feed store from where I purchased them. I guess it wouldn't of been so bad if the hawk took the males. I didn't really want a rooster anyways. Everything echoes out here and I don't really want to wake up the neighbor. Some neighbor way down the road somewhere (at least a mile) had a rooster and id hear it loud and clear every morning

Back
Top Bottom