1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Could someone help to ID my phantom rooster and a hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ILOVELEGHORNS, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ILOVELEGHORNS

ILOVELEGHORNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    Wisconsin
    He seems a bit too big to be Bantam as the previous owners had stated he was...perhaps mixed? He has ear tufts, beard, 5 toes, short legs, and abnormally large wings that would be
    typical of some bantams. He would have wattles, but unfortunately he decided to take on a Thai chicken, and lost them in the fight.[​IMG] He is very aggressive and bold for
    his size and tends to push the Marans and Austrolorp Roosters around! He is king of the coop and treats his ladys like royalty! Also, he doesnt crow like a normal rooster. He Raaaaaaaars instead. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

tough man again
    [​IMG]

This beautiful hen, she seems to be about as big as a crow, green sheen to her like an Austrolorp, Willow legs
    and she doesn't seem to be getting any white earlobes. Could she be a Sumatra?
    [​IMG]

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    They both look like cross bred.
    The rooster looks to be a Faverolle cross with maybe a Sebright.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by