1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Could someone shed some light on the breed situation?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AlphaLynn, Jun 12, 2016.

1. AlphaLynn

AlphaLynn New Egg

Jun 12, 2016
    Hi there, this is my rooster Neo :) . I found him in august as a little chick along with the rest of his nest on a deserted piece of land. His mother was killed by a fox (I found her remains afterwards and I am still wondering how the little ones survived) and he was left to fetch for himself along with the rest of the nest. Now I took him in (all the others went to different places) and ever since he was growing up I have wondered what kind of breed he could be. I am not a master in chicken breeds so I was wondering if someone here had an idea :)

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

how many toes does he have on each foot?

3. cyrhere

cyrhere Previously cyrbernal

Dec 15, 2010
    Bacolod City
    Im not an expert on breeeds but it looks to me like a Japanese Bantam?
    love his color! How big is he?

1 person likes this.
  4. AlphaLynn

AlphaLynn New Egg

Jun 12, 2016
    He has 4 toes on each and I'll have to measure him, haven't really checked yet. And thanks, I absolutely love him :)

5. Poultry parent

you don't necessarily have to measure him, just is he a small chicken or a big chicken

6. AlphaLynn

AlphaLynn New Egg

Jun 12, 2016
    He stands 1 foot tall, and I personally would not know if this is considered big or not

7. Poultry parent

that is a bantam size

8. AlphaLynn

AlphaLynn New Egg

Jun 12, 2016
    From what I've seen in the pictures I've looked up he does seem to resemble a Bantam pretty closely. Thanks!

9. AlphaLynn

AlphaLynn New Egg

Jun 12, 2016
    Though the only problem I have with this is that his legs are longer then those of a normal Bantam

10. Poultry parent

leg size doesn't matter as long as he can walk fine

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by