Could this be a frizzle chick???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by magnolia-1971, Apr 12, 2012.

1. magnolia-1971

magnolia-1971 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    [​IMG]I got this chick from a hatchery. Do you think she could be a Frizzle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. magnolia-1971

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    calling all FRIZZLE owners. [​IMG]

Any guesses?

3. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm... I have two but their feathers where flipping way more then yours. It this chick about 2 weeks? I suppose it's possible that it is a Frizzle but maybe the gene isn't as strong...

4. magnolia-1971

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    This chick is about 3 weeks but is taking forever to feather out [​IMG]. She is also a giant compared to the others I got at the same time. You can't really tell in the pictures, but she is huge. The others I got at the same time have at least 3 times more feathers. I guess she is one of those weird ones????[​IMG]

5. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I've read many times the slower they feather out, it might be a Roo. Both my Frizzles feathered out first. I guess it's a game of wait and see. lol Actually I had a closer look at the last pic and I can see that the chick is pretty big. It sure is cute! I know that much. lol

6. magnolia-1971

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    Thanks, her name is poof. Her sholder feathers have not even sprouted yet so I can't really check if she/he is a roo or not. If we have a roo we will have to give her away [​IMG]. I have some friends that would take a roo and not eat it.... so at least I would have a place to re-home Poof.

Thanks! [​IMG]

7. magnolia-1971

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    I will post more pictures tonight, but I thought I'd ask for more oppinions first. Poof is growing more everyday. Maybe we should rename her Baby hugey [​IMG] But the feathers are only very slowly coming. I looked at her (I hope her) comb and it is different from the other EE's. She is 1/2 weeks and does not have a lot of feathers. Does this meen Roo??? Poof is for sure different from the others. Thanks for any input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by