COULD THIS BE A SCAM? Google Checkout

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nava, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    I was looking to buy a car and it turns out that the car is in ND and I have to buy it thru them

any one have any experience with this method?

here's what they said.

In order to complete this deal the payment must be sent to Google Checkout (Bank Transfer). As soon as they receive the payment will notify me to start with delivery. After that you will receive all information about delivery so you can be able to track your shipment online. T

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. Nava

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    do you think it's a scam?

I really like to but this jeep but i'm scared to do it this way, cause I don't know anything about it.

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    It probably is!! Is it one of those to good to be true deals???

ETA: Just to add this we just got finished looking for a truck for months and found so many of these scams it wasn't even funny!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. Nava

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:yea it seems to good to be true,
    here's the ad
    well it seems that the ad is gone but here's what she is writing to me, and I tough I was a bout to get the deal of the century

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me about my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 that I have for sale. This car is in great shape (27,000 miles , 8 Cylinder 6.1 Liter , 4WD, Automatic , VIN: 1j8hr78327c617174). It has no electrical or mechanical problems, damages or hidden defects. Hasn't been involved in any accident. My husband and I divorced last year, after the divorce I was awarded the Jeep, I don't need it and that's why I'm selling it so cheap. It has a clear title in my name. The total price is $7,900 including shipping and handling. It is located in Jamestown , ND. I recently moved here with my job.

We can use Google Checkout protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use a Google Checkout's buyer protection plan. The financial part will be managed by them. Which means that you will have 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle, a refund policy is included. The deal will go strictly according to Google Checkout rules and policy. There are no other costs on this transaction through Google Checkout. Let me know if you want to buy it.

Thanks,
    Nicole

5. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I don't know what it is, but that message above just sounds fishy. I would do some research about google checkout and if anyone has had problems with scams through it.

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Yes ma'am I wouldn't trust it. Most of the ones we came upon was "My son was killed in Iraq and it brings to many painful memories" Go to google and search the scam. You can also check out CL's auto section and they have a bunch of information on scams there too!! Most are with eBay Motors that I've read about!! Another good indication is the vehicle is priced way low!! That gives it away there!! Good Luck!!

7. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Never buy a car where it will be shipped to you, sight unseen. I've sold cars before over state lines, but 1. I've insisted on cash and 2. The buyer must come see the car and purchase it directly.

Don't do it.

8. Nava

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:thanks.

9. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    We found an surprisingly similar ad once, within the past year, while looking for a jeep. They asked us to do the same thing, and upon further research we discovered it was a scam. Don't send the $$. You'll probably get a couple more e-mails from them, come up with an excuse, like you want to go look at the car. See if they'll give you more info, like their address, names, etc. The address we were given was to some supermall or something like that.

10. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    When receiving emails you can right click the email and check the properties of it. The sender should be the same as the proprties. If it is different, it probably is a scam. BTW, anyone can change the sender name to be whatever you want it to be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by