1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Could this be a sign....my first egg a'comin

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 04SportsterChick, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 04SportsterChick

04SportsterChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Maryland
    So my girls are 22 weeks I have the nesting box in the coop and it doesn't look like it has ever been touched. So I was out cleaning our trailer for our last camping trip before school starts back and I heard them boking louder than I have ever heard before. I looked up toward the coop and well when they see me they all start for the gate. I didn't see all of them but when I started walking they were all there and back to the little boking they make when they see me. So I looked in the box ( I always look just incase I am so eager to see an egg there ) and the shavings were all pushed around and cleared out in the center. Someone had been in the box!!! No egg but that is a start right? I went back to the trailer and finished. Once in the house I checked and heard the loud boking again almost non stop for 2-3min. Then it would get quiet for a little. One of my golden comets is in the coop and has been for about 8 min now.... Oh how I wish I find an egg!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

2. whoacowboy

whoacowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Town of Clayton
    Hooray! Good luck![​IMG]

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Sounds to me like you fixin' to find an egg!!!
    We're waiting to hear your egg song!!!

5. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I think it sounds very promising! [​IMG]

6. 04SportsterChick

04SportsterChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I couldn't resist I went out and looked and she is sitting in the nesting box!! She just looked at me and I slowly closed the top and left. OH I HOPE I FIND AN EGG!!!! I will let you all know!

7. chickiepie

chickiepie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    I hope you find an egg! We got our first (3!!!) this morning. I, too, have been anxiously checking the coop, and low and behold they had sneaked back into the area where I keep my straw and laid there. I was so stinkin' excited!!!![​IMG]

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sunnyvera

sunnyvera Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    NE Ohio
    O.M.G. You are very close to your first egg. It is always egg-citing every time. My new EE just began laying their little pullet eggs, and it is still wonderful.

10. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    same thing happened to me yesterday, she was sitting in the box for about an hour and then EGG!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by