Could this be Coccidiosis

LoriB123

Hatching
Jun 1, 2021
I have some 10 week old chicks that moved to the coop a week ago. Im not sure if this is just one of the chicks or more than one but I have seen this the past few days. Could it be Coccidiosis or is this normal to see sometimes?

Attachments

• Chicken.jpg
    Chicken.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 14
Notice how the red thing in the poop is in shadow? Because of that, it's not easy to see the depth of the color and if it trends more toward blood red or intestinal lining orange. Can you tak another photo and turn it toward the light source?

Notice how the red thing in the poop is in shadow? Because of that, it's not easy to see the depth of the color and if it trends more toward blood red or intestinal lining orange. Can you tak another photo and turn it toward the light source?
I had already cleaned it up but the one yesterday was a bright blood red

How are the chicks acting? If any are lethargic, acting off at all, not eating or drinking normally, sitting fluffed up then I would treat for coccidiosis. If they are all acting normally, then I would keep an eye on them, start treatment right away if any start to act off. If that kind of dropping is happening often, again I would treat.

How are the chicks acting? If any are lethargic, acting off at all, not eating or drinking normally, sitting fluffed up then I would treat for coccidiosis. If they are all acting normally, then I would keep an eye on them, start treatment right away if any start to act off. If that kind of dropping is happening often, again I would treat.
They are all acting fine and eating and drinking like normal

Back
Top Bottom