Could this be used for a chicken coop window (with air conditioning)? If so, how?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jimmywalt, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    I hate to throw stuff away. I have this old computer that has a pretty neat side door - plexi glass with a fan. So as I'm looking at it I'm thinking of how it could be reused.

While I don't need it for my coop, I just don't have the heart to throw it away... I was thinking that it might make a good window for a coop, especially since you could hook it up to electricity and use the fan as a sort-of air conditioner for the coop.

I'm also looking at the plexi glass and wondering if that could be used for anything else? It unscrews from the metal case with just a screwdriver! Heck you could even use that thing as a door I bet.

So I wanted to post a couple pictures here and see what you might come up with for ideas.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. txnative

txnative Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    Kempner, Texas
    Sky light?

3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Coops are generally too dusty for fans to last long, but it could be used for a really nice incubator

4. yogifink

yogifink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Pinebluff, nc
    My Coop
    Quote:Thats an awesome idea!!

5. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013

I'd love to get some plans on this. I possibly could make one and then sell it. :) We don't have any roosters so no eggs to hatch. Great idea though!

6. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
  7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    You might be able use the whole computer case as the basis for an incubator.....with the plexi/fan side as the top.
    Might have to move the fan tho.

8. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Sell the fan.

Use the plexiglass as a window into a nest box!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by