1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Could this be wry neck?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickensioux, Apr 21, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I have a 2 week old bobwhite chick that suddenly cannot hold its head upright and continuously looks like it is looking at its feet. Earlier it put its head all the way down on the ground and did a somersault. Do I need to start on vits? Help
    Thanks

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It sounds like it might be. I would put him on poly vi stol(without iron) or whatever vitamins you have.

3. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    Good luck with the chicks, Sorry I didn't have any suggestions for you. I'm sure plenty of people will. By the way I am from Western North Carolina too!! Haywood County let me know where you are from it you want.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Thanks Sweetpeasmom. I am in Henderson County. We love it here. As of now, the little chick is resting. I started to on Polyvisol, so I'm hoping if there is hope, I caught it and this helps.

5. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Hugs!

Hope it gets better soon. I've seen lots of posts lately with the same symptoms, though not sure if that is wry neck or not. My little gal looks to the left side only and I can feel the crooked neck. Can you feel it ?

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Any updates today?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by