Could this chick be a Modern Game?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KrystalRose, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Easter Egger

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Modern Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KrystalRose

KrystalRose Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    Finley, WA
    I received a mystery chick with my chick order and I am not sure if this one is a Modern Game or an Easter Egger or another breed altogether. We named her Legs from the beginning because she had weirdly long legs when she wanted to stand tall which she doesn't do all the time but when she does wow! She has slate colored legs which I have seen both breeds have, I got other Easter Eggers with my order but she has always looked a little different and doesn't seem to be growing a beard like some EEs do. She also has been one of my most skittish girls who doesn't like being handled. Here are her pictures as she has grown. She is 6 weeks in the last picture. Please tell me what you think, I was thinking she was an EE until yesterday when she stood super tall again, none of my other girls stand as straight up as she can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ILoveChickens01

ILoveChickens01 Chirping

Jul 17, 2014
    Is this chick the same one in the last photo? It is no longer a chick?

3. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Songster

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    It is indeed an EE. U can tell by the green leg.

4. KrystalRose

KrystalRose Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    Finley, WA
    Yes, these are all pics of the same chick, each picture is one week older then the last picture, so she is 6 weeks old in the last picture.

5. KrystalRose

KrystalRose Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    Finley, WA
    Here are some pictures of her at 8 weeks old...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Songster

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    It might be a mix with an EE b/c I think modern game should have a long tail by now.

7. It's too heavy-set and has too short of legs to be Modern Game. It would also have reddish eyes if it were a Modern.

8. KrystalRose

KrystalRose Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    Finley, WA
    Thanks for all the replies, my hubby is convinced that this girl is something other than EE although I was pretty sure that is what she was. Thanks for the confirmation.

9. serama girl

serama girl Chirping

Dec 9, 2013
    Its definately not a modern game. A lot of modern games I have seen have seemed to be a lot smaller, and they usually stand tall most of the time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: