Could this possibly be my muscovies egg?

PetesMom

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Columbia County, NY
I posted on the goose forum too. My 2 geese are 4 and 2 1/2 months old.....now to me they shouldn't be laying....I'm possitive the older is a gander, not too sure on the other yet..leaning towards a female. But I KNOW Ellie is laying because she has been sitting on a nest of 15 for the last week or two and I've notice Eliza has been trying to dig a nest too the last few days....Ellie stole 2 of her eggs and she laid another in where Ling is kept (she hopped the fence). So I put some straw down in a corner away from Ellie's nest, and this morning there was an egg in the center......I go over to check and was quite suprised at what I found. This egg is huge! And if Eliza laid it I'm quite impressed. I tried comparing it to Ellie's eggs when she hopped off the nest to get a drink and as soon as she saw me bend down she came over hissing so now she has a huge egg in her clutch lol Here is a picture. It was twice the size of all of Ellie's eggs and the other 3 eggs Eliza laid. Is it possible she laid it?

I just set 16 muscovy eggs in the incubator and some were really big and some were smaller and they all had the greyish/brown look to them like in your picture

When I had muscovies, I would occasionally get a HUMONGOUS double-yolk egg from them. The sheer size of them had me wincing in sympathy.

BTW--I noticed in your tagline that you have a Muscovy drake named Elvis--I did too! caught him living wild on a friend's pond. He was a handsome black and white boy who really put away the food, and his body and scalp were glossy black like he had a biker jacket on and had black hair. Of course, when agitated that scalp raised up, and he looked like he had a 50's style mens bouffant hairdo. Darned good Daddy--goosed a couple cats that got too close too his young'uns. Good memories of that character.

When I had muscovies, I would occasionally get a HUMONGOUS double-yolk egg from them. The sheer size of them had me wincing in sympathy.

BTW--I noticed in your tagline that you have a Muscovy drake named Elvis--I did too! caught him living wild on a friend's pond. He was a handsome black and white boy who really put away the food, and his body and scalp were glossy black like he had a biker jacket on and had black hair. Of course, when agitated that scalp raised up, and he looked like he had a 50's style mens bouffant hairdo. Darned good Daddy--goosed a couple cats that got too close too his young'uns. Good memories of that character.

Our Elvis is white lol and boy is he big! Here's a picture of him

Back
Top Bottom