Could use pointers in organizing a Chicken Swap at TSC

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by amyquilt, Feb 26, 2009.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Anyone that's done one of these, can I get some help/suggestions on coordinating mine??

This is a first for me, but our new store manager is really excited for me to do this. (My dh is the Asst Mgr).

I would love to do it, but don't have much idea where to start or what I should do.

Any help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Wish I could help ya out, but Ive never even been to one. I wish there was something like that around here. I bet it would be interesting!

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:Where in Texas are you located?

The previous manager was't very receptive to the idea, but the new manager is so excited for it!

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Waco. It would be great if someone else were to put this on. I can barely keep up with myself, much less trying to put something together for others. [​IMG]

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Put a thread out for others in your area. I know there is at least 1 TSC in that area.

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    It doesnt have to be held at a TSC. It just happened that one of the BYC members in the area here worked part time for the TSC that is kind enough to host the stocks.
    Any store that sells agricultural supplies (Agway). Or school that might need some extra cash. Or even a town "green" or park with parking will do. You just need to approach the right people. Manager of the store. Mayor. Dept of Health or parks and recreation.
    I have a flea market the next town over that rents tables for $10 a day. Something like that might work as well.

Try PMing chickn or gypsy on the Milford NH TSC Chicken stock threads. I am sure they can offer some insight

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by