1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Could use some help spreading the word for our adoption

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Poupoulles, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Hi everyone. We are waiting to adopt again and trying to spread the word through our networks. I figured I would ask you guys again. We don't know how long the wait will be this time, and you just never know who will know someone who is facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering adoption. A friend of mine had mentioned their hopes to her hair dresser and it happened that the hair dresser's niece was considering making an adoption plan. So you really never know!

We made a facebook page since the last time I posted. I was hoping that those of you who are on facebook would be so nice as to "like" and share our page with your networks and help us spread the word that way.

http://www.facebook.com/themannsopenadoption

Here is the link to our regular page too.

http://www.iheartadoption.org/users/thadandanna

Thank you and wish us luck!

2. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Saw your site, and thanks for not only adopting, but also instilling a sense of wonder and respect for the environment in future generations. [​IMG]

3. Poupoulles

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Thanks! Nature and the outdoors are pretty central to our lives. We live in the foothills of the blue ridge and its so beautiful here- now tha its warm we tend to be outside by default!

"I am driven by two philosophies: Know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and reduce the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." -Dr N.D. Tyson

4. grasspack

grasspack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Deering NH
    Good luck with your adoption plans. We adopted our Hannah Rose 10 years ago. What a wonderful experience. It was as magical as giving birth, which I have also done twice:) I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Here is a picture of Hannah and I at the Baths on Virgin Gorda. She is my angel.

[​IMG]

5. BBUTTER

BBUTTER Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Louisiana
    Congrats! We are also doing foster care and adoption! I'm pretty sure we'll also do an international adoption one day.

6. Poupoulles

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Thank you so much! grasspack your daughter is beautiful! We are really hoping to adopt transracially again- Now that I am "doing hair" I can't imagine anything else! I love it and I am the most tomboy ponytail person you have ever met...

7. grasspack

grasspack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Deering NH
    Thanks...she is so precious. She has been with us since she was 10 days old:) How many times have you adopted? It is such a wonderful experience. Good luck and I hope it all happens quickly for you.

Alice

8. Poupoulles

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Just the once, DD will be three this fall- who knows if number two will be along by then or not. All we can do is spread the word and try to stay busy. At least DD and the farm keep us running!

9. Poupoulles

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Hey I noticed we got a bunch of hits from BYC! Woot! Thanks everyone, I hope and pray our baby finds us soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by