Could we have a forum for trading?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Fourgirlsoneboy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    I tend to trade quite a bit, and I was wondering if we could have a spot exclusively for trading? Just a thought! Also,can we have a place to leave feedback for trades? I've been involved in some great trades as well as been totally ripped off, and it would be nice to be informed of other peoples experiences. Thanks for the consideration!

2. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Songster

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Have you checked the crazy egg chain thread? It has a chat thread too so you can discuss good bad etc

3. It would be neat to have a trade section..

Since they changed over to the auction only. I havent seen any Pay it Forwards either.. Those could be placed in the trade section also.

4. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Songster

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    ive been thinking about this for a while too
    but never did anything about it..
    it would be great to have a trade section :)that way everyone wins lol

5. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    Quote:I can't do chat because I get internet via my blackberry (no high speed available where we live besides satellite! )
    ! Or is it a thread? Sorry, I'm confused-lol!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    The reason for the auction system is so that people have the option to provide feedback. Say you traded with someone and you never received what you traded for, or shipping was slow, or something else happened that bothered you. Without the auction system, you can't complain about problems if you have any. [​IMG]

If you want to trade, use the auction system and put a price (Buy It Now). Then say in the auction ad that you will accept trades for an item equal to that dollar amount. People can PM you if they want to trade and you can work out the details via PM if you accept their offer. If you accept their offer, have them purchase the item via Buy It Now, but their payment to you will be in the item traded (instead of money). Then, both of you are still able to leave feedback regarding the transaction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by