Could you help me identify 3 chicks supposed to be purebred?

Yankeechick

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 25, 2007
Connecticut
Hi, I'm new here and have 3 three week old chicks.
I work at a school where one of the parents is a vet and every year lets the school hatch some eggs. This year the eggs were supposedly from different kinds of purebred chickens. If any of you out there recognize the breeds could you help me out?
I let my 3 teenagers name them so please disregard the strange male names they gave my lovely girls (at least I HOPE they're girls!

This is Guisseppe- SHE is sooooo sweet and lovey!
IMG_0312.jpg

This is D'Artagnan (apparently he is the leader of the 3 musketeers and there are 3 hens....)SHe is the biggest of the 3 and quite bossy
IMG_0291-1.jpg

This is Dozer (short for bulldozer....don't ask) I would prefer to call her Monk because she seems to be a bit OCD!
IMG_0324.jpg

Okay, this one is just for fun - it is Guisseppe again, with my border terrier Tully!
IMG_0308-1.jpg

I'm too new at this to be of any help with the breeds, but I just wanted to say that they are all very beautiful! How old are they now? I really like the colors on Guisseppe! Your dog doesn't seem to give her any stress. That's a good thing!

The first and third one look just like what came when I ordered auracanas. Not sure about the middle one sorry. But I have two auracanas that look just like those (see the little tufts on the side of their face?)

very cute. makes me sad, one of ours was carried off by a racoon. sniff.

Thanks for the input - Auracana is one of the breeds that the vet has, so that is probably right on. I was guessing that for the third, but had no idea about the first. I also read that auracanas don't have tails and these guys do....

They would be Americauna's which have tails. They should lay green, blue, or light pink eggs. I have 4 of them myself which are 16 weeks. The middle one might be a buff orpington, but I'm pretty new at this also.
smile.png

Yes!!! That's what I was hoping for!!!
She also own's Buff Orpingtons, so that is a possibility for that middle one as well.
In my amateurness, I was thinking that as well, but the one black feather down by the tail threw me off.

Hate to rain on your parade, but in my opinion, that is not a B.Orp. It looks to have too much color variation in the feathers, (and yes the dark feather on the behind)...I don't have a suggestion as to what she may be, but all of my Buff Orp's have had consistent buff coloring all over, with not variations.

Hmmm, shame... I was hoping for a B.O. She is a spunky one though and will be alot of fun, no matter breed she is.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see as she develops.

Back
Top Bottom