Could you please pray?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lil Peeps, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Hi guys. Could you please pray for my special little chick, Waffle? I just finished hatching a batch of chicks and they all hatched mostly on July 4th and 5th. The last two finally made it out today and one of them hatched with what looks like part of her intestines, or some other part of her still hanging out. I know there isn't a whole lot of hope for her but I just ask for your prayers that this precious baby would make it and be healed. She still has a substantially loud peep but she doesn't open her eyes a whole lot and seems pretty weak. I know she may not make it but I just pray that she will! Because God can do anything! So, please pray for my precious little baby if you get the chance and thanks so much for anyone who does! I REALLY, REALLY appreciate it!

God bless!
    Lil Peeps

2. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Here are some pictures of Waffle. Please excuse the dirty incubator. This was taken still during haching time and I have already scrubbed it out since then for Waffle and her little buddy to finish drying in. So its all clean for them now.

Waffle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

( Waffle is the darker yellow chick. )

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this thread! It means a lot! And please let me know how I can pray for you also.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    My prayers are with you for your baby. Also, here is a hug (()).

4. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    :hugs If you have not seen it, there are a ton of helpful incubation and chick helps linked on the first page of Sally's Incubating with friends thread.

5. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Thank you so so much! Unfortunately my little baby didn't make it. [​IMG] But I am still very grateful to God for choosing me to be the one that got to enjoy her and love her for the short time she was here. I really appreciate your prayers! Again, thanks so much!

6. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Thanks so much! I actually went and looked at those! They were very helpful and I will definitely try and remember them for another time.

7. barkpurr

barkpurr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    Can you push the intestines back up and tape with medical paper tape? This is done for pups and kittens. I've done it before. I am praying for your baby.

8. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Thank you so much for the prayers! But sadly my little baby didn't make it [​IMG]. After looking closer at it I don't believe it was intestines but part of an unabsorbed yolksac. I thought of trying to push it back in but there was just no way with just the tiniest hole where t was coming from. I don't know what would have caused this as temps were perfect the whole time in the incubator with no spikes and no lows. Same with humidity. And I made sure to rotate the eggs spots they were sitting in once a day to deter an egg sitting in a cold spot. Even though we have a circulated incubator I still worry. Everything hatched that went into lockdown and this chick was one of the last to hatch. It was actually the 2nd to last chick to hatch. It and one more chick hatched on the 22nd day. While the rest of the batch hatched late on day 20 and all day day 21. I did not assist it hatching in the slightest, I kept the incubator closed all lockdown I raised the humidity and I slightly lowered the temp starting on the 19 day and stopped turning late day 18. I don't know what could have gone wrong with incubation. But somehow this baby came out without finishing absorbing it's yolk sac. Thank you so much for the great advice though! If I have a situation like this again where it is actually intestines. ( Oh I hope so much so I NEVER EVER do! ) This would be very helpful to try. Do the puppies and kitties usually live after going through this?

9. barkpurr

barkpurr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    I'm so sorry your baby didn't make it. You did all you could. Yes, pups, kittens can survive but keeping the area sterile is important for a positive outcome.

10. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Oh, yes, of course, keeping it clean is a huge necessity! I was spraying the area with Vetricyn to help keep out the bacteria and speed up the healing. I also scrubbed the whole incubator down when I saw that when she hatched she still had some of her insides outside. So she could have a nice sanitary place to stay. Thank you again for all the great advice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by