Couldn't believe my eyes...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Buugette, May 4, 2011.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Okay... it is starting to get dark... time to put the girls away. I call to my 15 year old, 5'9" son to help me. Once all my big girls are safely away in their coop, after a supervised free-range hour, it is time to catch the babies and take them in.

Now, as I am bending down, picking up my sweet little ball of fluff silkie, Emily... I hear my boy scream like a girl, see him jump up and down like a long legged bird, and begin to run across the yard. Completely sure that some huge predator was attacking my son, I drop Emily and run to his aide. I stop dead in my tracks, wide eyed and totally a-gasp... what did I see... [​IMG]

My sweet little black 4 month old silkie roo chasing my son across the yard. Head down, wings back, going just as fast as his little silkie feathered legs could carry him. (I laughed so hard I almost wet myself.) [​IMG]

My son goes tearing into the house with this killer silkie on his heels... slams the door and continues to head to his bedroom screaming. [​IMG]

Now, my sweet little black silkie roo stops running, fluffs himself up, comes over to my feet and asks to be picked up and loved. I pick him up, give him kisses, flip him on his back in my arms and scratch his belly the whole way to his inside cage.

I just don't get it. [​IMG]

D

2. TinaSwarr

TinaSwarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    thanks for the laugh, and I hope you got that on camera

3. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Unfortunately, no, I didn't get it on camera. Who would have thought... but I will be ready the next time... if it happenes I will my little Flip camera with me. Just in case...

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    That is cute.Time to teach the roo his place. I keep telling my 9yo that the rooster is not his friend just because he hasn't attacked him.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

I had a mean little BA chick a few years ago. I was afraid of it, acted more like a mean macaw. [​IMG]

Imp

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Screaming? [​IMG]

Time to tell all his friends, brothers, grandpa, little sister about that! [​IMG]

Poor Emily!!

I do admit to being scared of my first ever encountered rooster at a feed store... who was super agressive and a large fowl! But I let him come over and when he fluffed himself up and got that look in his eye.. I just hopped back through the gate and latched it. LOL! I never did get to see what the girls or the goats were though [​IMG].

7. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    This is much too funny! [​IMG] Thanks for the laugh, that was the perfect ending!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by